Colossal Renovation Project
Navillus’s project team worked diligently over the course of eight consecutive weeks–including weekends and double shifts–to complete this colossal restoration project. It was a task that tapped all of Navillus’s resources and required fastidious workmanship.
Built in 1935, P.S. 149 is a four-story building made of red brick and limestone. It houses classrooms, offices, a cafeteria, a library, an auditorium, and a three-story gymnasium.
Navillus’s team of in-house experts and subcontractors carried out a lengthy list of duties. They demolished and reconstructed the building’s parapet walls (which required the removal and replacement of the limestone coping); removed existing hazardous materials; replaced 35,000 square feet of roofing and metal coping; repointed and cleaned the building’s facade (which necessitated 50,000 square feet of scaffold); and replaced the building’s interior and exterior lighting.
Navillus completed the project within the constrained time frame, allowing the school to reopen after summer recess.